Are you arranging a business trip, kick-off, teambuilding, group tour or maybe an outing?
Please, have a look at our teambuilding activities at Finse, both during summer and winter. In addition, we also have several other exciting offers such as for example lectures and activities arranged by Yourway. Read more about this further down the page.
Lectures at Finse
Are you planning for a bigger group and want ideas for an approach, theme or speaker? Here at Finse we have knowledgeable staff and external partners who can give lectures in the categories of history, nature and motivation. The examples attached shows some options. Price varies on request.
Lecture in history: Finse, Finse1222 and the Bergen Railway Line (Finse1222)
• Historical threads through Finse
• The Bergen Railway Line – a political and technical achievement (The speech can be implemented with an engineering focus).
• The War Story – Airport on Hardangerjøkulen
• The cottages of the Lord – The Barons Garvagh and their hunting cabins in Skarvheimen
Nature based lecture: Mountain nature and the glacier (Various presenters)
• The Finse nature – Really beautiful, really tough (Honoria Hamre)
Historic talks: Polar History (Yourway)
• Ernest Shackleton: “Finse – an Antarctic in miniature.” Ernest Shackleton is known for his leadership in extreme situations, and some of his foundations were laid on Finse 1914.
• Amundsen and Scott – The freezing race to the South Pole. In 1911, two expeditions set out towards the South Pole, with two different starting points. One came home with success in the luggage while the other one never came back.
• Nansen & Andrée: Triumphs and tragedies in the Arctic Ocean.
• West Coast or death: A goal without the option of return.
Motivation Lecture (Randi Skaug)
• Towards the top – About carrying through, based on Everest.
• Find the royal feeling – 10 techniques to make every day a good day.
• The slow path – about fear and motivation
• Star Wars and the ice planet Hoth – location Finse
At our hotel, Finse1222, we have conference facilities suitable for a management conferences. Besides meeting rooms of different sizes, we also have the nature at our doorstep with marked trails in winter and hiking and cycling opportunities in summer.
Our partner Yourway has the ability to tailor make team and leadership exercises inspired by the polar explorers. This has been executed for several years here at Finse. Finse has been a popular place for explorers more than 100 years.
Leadership seminars on Finse focus on the story the first two expeditions that reached the South Pole. Through the unique Framheim at Finse, participants are taken back to more than 100 years back in time and gets to relive the race to the South Pole in 1911.
Just as Amundsen and Scott, participants will be tested through various tasks. Here the participants get to work on their ability to concentrate, work together and practice leadership. Participants will be challenged in various ways.
To reach the South Pole, Amundsen and Scott had to make decisions that both caused dissension and sense of belonging. They both had to both work under strong pressure from each other and they both knew that there was only room for one victor. At Finse we will recreate both the physical and mental challenges. This will provide participants with unique experiences.
Our talented partner Yourway specializes in providing experiences for active adventures, both small and large groups. The aim of Yourway is always to provide the “little extra” that is not so easily achievable on your own. Therefore, you will not find many of their experiences and exercises elsewhere.
In January 2011, a historical puzzle of 65 pieces was transported to Finse. Three days later, the puzzle was put together and Yourway could proudly present Framheim at Finse. The Framheim cabin was an exact copy of the cabin Roald Amundsen and his men lived in on the South Pole for more than a century ago.
Aside from Framheim being at Finse, Yourway is also an important partner in the execution of the expedition festival at Finse. Yourway also acts as project manager for teambuilding, outdoor experiences when groups, companies want a tailored program of activities and experiences at Finse, both during summer and winter.
Here are three examples of what Yourway facilitator at Finse:
The Amundsen Challenge: Team competition with various challenges related to the polar history and the race to the South Pole. Questions are put about in Finse and tasks are solved in groups. This is very suitable in connection to teambuilding.
Expedition and winter skills: Skills and techniques for winter outdoor activities are adapted for older children and the fit adults. Questions are put in the immediate area, these focus on various aspects of planning and implementation of expeditions in the winter.
Dog sledding in the polar history´s sled tracks: Framheim at Finse provides the history of the first expeditions to the South Pole. With an historical framework, one can experience dogsledding in the same manner and with the same equipment as Roald Amundsen and his men.
Are business trips, kick-offs, teambuilding, group tour, management workshop or perhaps an outing part on your plan? Contact us directly at tel. 56 52 71 00 or send an email to email@example.com, we’ll send you an offer.